TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following definitions shall apply unless the context otherwise requires:
“Indigenes” means Enugu State citizens who are resident in any of the Local Governments of Enugu State.
“Applicant” means an individual that registers on the YELI Hub and applies for participation in the Project.
“Application” means the online entry form completed and submitted by an individual for the Project on the YELI Hub.
“Application Window” means the period when Applications can be submitted for the Project.
“Business” means any socially impactful Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprise attributable to the Applicant and which the Applicant is applying to further develop a viable business with the assistance of the Project.
“Financial Support” means the Capital Investment as well as any subsequent access to on-going third-party investment (as applicable) directly/indirectly from the Youth Entrepreneurship and Leadership Initiative.
“Mentors/Coaches” means an individual selected for their expertise, passion and alignment to the Project’s vision and engaged to support and guide the Youth Entrepreneurship and Leadership Initiative on the Project.
“Promoter” “project” or “the Foundation” means the Youth Entrepreneurship and Leadership Initiative.
“Capital/ Financial Commendation” means Capital Investment, funding/financial support made available to emerging participants from the Youth Entrepreneurship and Leadership Initiative. The 1st-3rd emerging participants from all the Local Governments in Enugu State upon completion of the 1st stage project are given a financial commendation support; the second stage is a non-returnable investment, which 1st emerging participants from all the Local Governments in Enugu State will represent their Local Government to compete for the grand prize based on the viability of their business.
“Business Enterprise Toolkit” means the mandatory training with Coaches, interactive online training project designed to equip participants with the basic skills required to launch, run, and scale their business idea.
“Successful Applicants” or “Emerging Participants” means Applicants who are selected at every stage to participate in the relevant Project cycle.
“YELI Alumni” are ‘Graduates of the Project’, i.e., YELI Entrepreneurs who have completed all the Project learning, submitted a validated business plan, and met the first capital disbursement requirements.
“YELI Alumni Network” is the online community of YELI Alumni based on the YELI Hub for continuous engagement and opportunities.
“YELI Entrepreneurship Forum” means the annual entrepreneurship event in Enugu Sate or any location as specified by the Promoter, featuring live or online skills training, keynote speeches and networking with investors, influencers, experts, and entrepreneurs.
“YELI Hub” is the all-encompassing online platform that serves the Youth Entrepreneurship and Leadership Initiative and its projects. It hosts the application platform, mentoring and learning platform as well as the YELI Alumni Network platform.
2- Terms and Conditions
– These Terms and Conditions as well as the Eligibility Criteria, Application Process and Selection Process are collectively referred to as the Rules of the Project (“Rules”).
– Successful Applicants shall be subject to these Rules, and other rules and guidelines published by the Network from time to time for the running of the Project.
– The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Rules without notice. Any changes to the Rules will be posted on the YELI’s website. It is the responsibility of Successful Applicants and YELI Alumni to keep themselves informed as to any changes to the Rules. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss suffered by a Successful Applicant or YELI Alumni due to any changes to the Rules, including failure to complete some or all tasks under the Project due to such change.
– If for any reason the Project is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, force majeure events or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Project, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Project and disqualify any Successful Applicant or YELI Alumni. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss arising from modification, suspension, or cancellation of the Project.
– Applicants are not required to make any purchase or payment to access the website, apply or become eligible for the Project.
– Applicants must certify that they have all the applicable rights, licenses, authorizations and consents necessary to submit their Business Ideas or entity. Presenting a Business that the Applicant has no applicable rights, licenses, authorizations, and consents to shall be a ground for disqualification.
– Only one Application and Business or Entity is permitted per Applicant. An Applicant shall not make multiple entries under different names, email identifications, different Businesses or Entities. Multiple entries by an Applicant or multiple entries for the same Entity shall be a ground for disqualification.
– YELI Alumni or their Business Partners shall not reapply for the Project in any subsequent year, even for a different Business Idea or name – this constitutes multiple application and is grounds for disqualification, and termination of Alumni status.
– All submissions must be made directly by the Applicant behind the Businesses or Entity entering the Project. Entries made online using methods such as a macro, script, using automated devices or processors are not allowed and shall be disqualified.
– The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, misdirected damaged or delayed Applications because of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
– Bulk and third-party entries shall not be permitted.
– The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any Applicant for tampering with the entry process or failing to make entries as specified by the Rules.
– No corruption of, defect in, failure or delay in the delivery of any email communication from the Promoter will entitle an Applicant to an extension of any deadline, or otherwise entitle an Applicant to make any form of claim.
By applying for this Project, each Applicant attests that their Application:
– Is true and correct in all material respects.
– Are their own original businesses.
– Does not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, ownership, copyrights, trademarks, patents, logos, licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy or any other intellectual property rights.
– Is not contrary to any applicable laws.
The Promoter shall reject applications which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
– Are deemed to be franchises, import/export business or government contractors.
– Contain any content that is likely to be considered offensive by the Promoter or could negatively reflect the name, reputation, or goodwill of the Promoter or Entities associated with the Promoter and other parties acting on its behalf.
– Include trademarks, logos, or copyrighted material not owned by the Applicant or used without the right holder’s prior written permission (including famous names, company names, etc.).
– Promotes or is sympathetic to any political agenda.
The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion to disqualify any Application, Successful Applicant or YELI Alumni at any point during the Project, without granting any opportunity for challenge, if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the application:
– Has been made fraudulently or contains any false or misleading statement.
– Has breached any of the Eligibility Criteria or other Rules.
– Has infringed on any intellectual property of any other person.
– Was made in breach of any applicable law; or
– It is in the interest of the Project to disqualify such Application.
Communication with Successful Applicants shall be by email to the address provided on the Application form, and via the YELI Hub. The Promoter shall not be responsible for the reliability or otherwise, delayed receipt or non-receipt of any email communication.
By applying, Applicants acknowledge that other Applicants may have businesses and concepts that may be like their entry, and that Applicants will not be entitled to any compensation or right to negotiate with the Promoter over such matters.
All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering this Project, all Applicants will be deemed to have accepted and shall be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
– Due Diligence shall be carried out on the Successful Applicants to verify eligibility prior to any potential offer of a placement in the Project.
Applications that do not meet all or some of the eligibility criteria will not be accepted or will be dropped during the Project.
The Project is open to all Enugu State indigenes operating a business that is not less than a year and not more than 3 years old in any of the 17 Local Governments in Enugu State and who are aged between 20 to 35 years.
– Applicants must complete an online entry form through the YELI Hub to apply for the Project.
– The business must operate in Enugu State and Applicants must be resident for at least 2 years in any of the 17 Local Governments of Enugu State.
All businesses must have been running, or an early stage registered entity, in the range of 1 to 3 years from date operations commenced.
– Business must be for profit, focused on one business only and must be the original work of the applicant.
5- Application Process and Selection Criteria
– All Applications must be submitted online through the YELI Hub, which will open from 6th February and close on 1st March, annually (the “Application Window”).
– The Applicants must complete an application form by answering a series of mandatory questions, upload required documents and identification materials.
Personal information supplied in the application form such as names, addresses and date of birth must tally with identification documents provided.
– The Applicant must provide current correspondence address, email and telephone numbers and keep the Promoter informed of any changes.
– Upon submission of the application form, an email confirming receipt will be sent to the Applicant within 5 business day. Once submitted, applications cannot be altered or amended.
– Review of applications will commence immediately and shortlisting of Applicants will take place following the close of the Application Window on 1st March.
– The selection will be carried out by the Promoter and an independent application review consultant appointed by the Promoter using specified selection criteria to select the best-qualified entrepreneurs from the pool of applications. These criteria are:
– Feasibility: content of a Business that has clear and compelling mission to grow a sustainable, commercially viable business and is effectively communicated.
Market Opportunity: knowledge and understanding of the market, customers, and competitors for their idea/business.
– Financial Understanding: understanding of the basic financial requirements of running a business, costs, and revenues.
– Scalability: Demonstrates potential for replication and growth of their product or service to create jobs and wealth.
– Leadership Potential and Entrepreneurial Skills: Applicant has demonstrated leadership potential, capable of attracting people, customers, and resources. Applicant also exhibits strong passion and commitment for the business.
– Applicants who meet the selection criteria would be announced on the website and contacted via the contact method indicated in their application.
– Communications with the Applicants will primarily be by email, from the Promoter’s designated email address to the email address provided by the Applicant on the submission form. Applicants are therefore advised to store the Promoters contact details in their email address books to avoid the email from being delivered to their spam folder.
6- The Project
– Only one representative from each Local Government will have access to the YELI Hub and participate for the grand prize.
– A Project cycle equates to completing the Start-up Enterprise Toolkit, participation in the Youth Entrepreneurship Forum in Enugu State, and development of a comprehensive business with clear milestones.
– All Successful Applicants must be available to commit to the annual Project cycle once accepted. Any Applicant who is not committed to the time frame to be advised by the Promoter will not be accepted or will be dropped from the Project.
– If the YELI emerging participant fails to complete the tasks assigned in the Project within the stipulated timelines or to put in the minimum required number of contact hours with their assigned Mentors or fail to submit the business plan within the review timeline, then the Promoter reserves the right to terminate placement in the Project.
– Any Successful Applicant who does not fulfil all the commitment requirements will not be awarded the Capital or other on-going support as applicable.
Access to project materials and Mentors will also be denied to a Successful Applicant who drops off at any stage before the completion of the Project.
– The disbursement of the first stage Capital (financial commendation support) will be by payment into the YELI Entrepreneur’s business bank account.
The Promoter is unable to pay the financial commendation support into a personal bank account. To receive the capital, all YELI Entrepreneurs must comply with all stipulated requirements, including provision of certain documents and opening of bank accounts.
– The capital will be paid in Naira; Banking charges and taxes will also apply.
– The YELI Entrepreneurs that have progressed to the second stage would compete for the capital investment.
– If the Promoter deems that any YELI Entrepreneur has brought the Project and the Promoter into disrepute, their funding will be withheld and placement in the Project will be immediately terminated.
– By entering, Applicants agree to participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by the Promoter e.g., photo shoots, videos and interviews and waive their rights to any images of themselves taken because of applying or being selected under the Project. The Promoter shall be entitled to use all such photographs, films, audio, or other recording in any medium including digital, electronic, print, television, film, radio, or other media in furtherance of promotion of the Project or the Promoter or its affiliates. Where necessary, the Promoter may require a signed image rights waiver form from the Entrepreneur in furtherance of this waiver. The Promoter may invite YELI Entrepreneurs to take part in promotional activities at the Promoter’s expense.
– YELI Entrepreneurs are not permitted to speak or write publicly about the internal workings of the process or to purport to be knowledgeable of the reasons why the Promoter has selected and supported them.
– The Promoter and any person acting on its behalf will not be responsible for any damage, loss, injury suffered by any entrant entering the Project or because of accepting any prize. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury because of its negligence.
– If for any reason the Project is not capable of running as planned due to reasons beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter shall not be liable for failures to comply with these Terms & Conditions and shall endeavor to communicate with all affected parties at the earliest possible opportunity.
– The decision of the Promoter shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into on the same.
– The Promoter assumes no responsibility for damages, losses or injuries that result from participation in this Project or acceptance to be part of the Project.
– By applying to the Project, Applicants consent to have details of their Application – other than commercially sensitive information – featured in any media or promotional activity for the Project being carried out by the Promoter. The Promoter will contact Applicants in advance of any media request for interviews. Successful Applicants shall not grant interviews independently of the Promoter and are required to inform the Promoter of any media request for interviews they receive directly. Failure to notify the Promoter may result in disqualification from the Project.
– The Promoter will only use the personal details supplied for the administration of this Project, and for no other purpose except with the Applicant’s consent.
– The Mentors are required to sign a non- disclosure agreement as it relates to personal information which may come into their possession during the Project and are committed to maintaining the highest ethical standards.
– The name, Local Government and profile of each Successful Applicant will be made available for public relations purposes locally. Everyone will be asked to provide a profile and photo once they join the Project and this will be held on the closed group Project website, as well as the Promoter’s public website.
– Internet access and adequate English language skills are required for the Application process. Candidates with no English reading or speaking skills need to translate the application content at own cost.
– All Successful Applicants are required to respond promptly to requests for information from the Promoter.
– This Project is governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and Applicants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Nigerian Courts.